Monday, September 20, 2010

Slow Progress - I think I've hit a speed bump Saturday/Sunday

 It was so disappointing to miss church today. I had a rough Saturday night. I could not get to sleep. I was wired, but had not had any caffeine.  Well, maybe that is not true. I did give in to temptations.  That is Temptations with a capital "T", made by Jello.  Only 60 calories in each tiny container of dark chocolate moose.  Mmm mmm!  So good!  There is not even a half cup serving in each one, but they are so rich that I am satisfied with just a few bites.  I have been making one tiny container last a day, or two, or even three. Yay!  Go me! I think maybe I had more bites than usual too close to bedtime. :)

Whatever the reason, I was not falling asleep and then I got this raging pain in my foot that went down between my 2nd and 3rd toe on the left foot. I prayed it away. A few minutes later it came back again. I got up and took a prescription pain pill.  I hardly ever have to do that, but I was desperate. One thing after another kept me awake until about 6 AM. I finally fell asleep from exhaustion. When the alarm went off, I was in no shape to drive to church. I went back to sleep and got up at 4 PM. 

I think I've hit a speed bump. No, that's not what it's called. It's called a plateau - where the scale just is a pound below, a pound above or stuck at the same reading day after day.

Still dancing around 263 - somedays less, somedays more.  Sigh.  Hope to get down to at least 260 this week and not go above that.

Persevere! 

No comments:

Post a Comment