Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day 20 - Monday - another battle but the war isn't over

Last night, before I went to bed, I weighed.  I had gained five pounds since morning. UGH!

This morning I weighed two pounds less, 261, but still 2-1/2 pounds over what I had maintained for three days.

For some reason, I cannot even remember breakfast.  I remember eating half a banana.  And then I got side tracked.  The skillet that  I was going to use to scramble my egg is still waiting.

Other things I ate today

Lemon yogurt 6 oz                                              170 calories 
1/2 Marie Calendars frozen dinner                       250 calories
Peanuts - about 1 oz                                           160 calories
1/2 Marie Calendars frozen dinner                       250 calories
juice  (combination of fruit juices)                        120               
1/2 lemon yogurt                                                   85 calories
1 slice pineapple                                                   35
6 oz plain yogurt                                                   90
1/2 banana (mentioned above)                              55

Total Calories                                                  1215

Here is how I understand the calorie vs. weight loss to work.  Multiply your weight by 11.
260 X 11 = 2,860.  That's how many calories it takes to maintain my weight.

When I eat less than 2,860 calories my body takes notice. When I have accumulated a total deficit of 3,000, whether through exercise or diet,  I lose a pound.  According to that formula, I should lose a pound approximately every two days.

However, also according to that formula, I ate 15,000 calories over and above 2,860 calories on Sunday. But that is impossible!  I ate half a TV dinner today and was full, so I stopped eating.  I ate the other half later for another meal.  There is no way I could force 17,860 calories of food into my body in one day! I would burst open.

I'm still not eating as well as I should. I got plenty of dairy with the yogurts. I had two fruit servings with the banana and juice.  I had carrots and broccoli in the frozen dinner. I had protein in the yogurt, the chicken in the dinner and I had carbs in the yogurts and in the noddles in the dinner.  I am lacking in fruit and vegetable servings.  Need to eat more raw foods. Somedays I feel lazy, and today was one of those days. I worked on laundry, writing, and other things around the house.  I should have taken the time to make a salad or prepare some other vegetables and fruits.

Paul talks about waring with the flesh. "For I find this law at work: when I want to do good, evil is right there with me.  For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind . . . "  Romans 7: 21-23a,b

Thank God, we have forgiveness and tomorrow is a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment