Saturday, September 25, 2010

Day 17- Fri. Too Big For My Britches (or Not ?) Part 2

 Two Big for My Britches (or Not?)  Part 2

Yesterday I told you the story of having a blowout in the seat of my jeans, not being able to find jeans that fit, and then at last, finding jeans at a Lee Brand store in an outlet mall in Georgia.

I enjoyed the jeans the rest of the winter and spring, but it has been very hot here in the old southwest this summer. Thus, I had not worn my jeans in a couple of months.

Yesterday, Thursday, I needed to run some errands. I pulled the favored Lee jeans out of the closet and put them on.  Much to my amazement they were very loose!   Verrrrry loose!

But, I wore them anyway. After all, they are still fairly new.  By the time I arrived home my jeans were riding "low."

LOOK MOM!  I'm not too big for my britches!  My britches are too big for me!

Mom is not here to look, but I feel like the kid who is riding her bike and hollering, "Look Mom, no hands!"

I felt the seat of my pants after I came home and they were saggy. Maybe if I put on a baseball cap backwards I could fit in with the local boys around here. I unfastened the front of the jeans and pulled them around to just see how much too big they are.  Would you believe that the distance from the button hole to where the button touches the waist band is four inches?  I have lost four inches since February!  Woo Hooooooooooo! 

Four inches in the waist may not seem like a lot in seven months. Twenty pounds may not seem like a lot in seven months. And three pounds in two weeks may not seem like much progress either.  But nevertheless, it is progress.

This is very encouraging. Very. I now realize that some things fitting differently is not my imagination, nor caused by the heat of the dryer ruining the elastic. I'm actually getting smaller.

Because I really like those jeans I'm going to wash them and dry them in a hot dryer and hope they shrink to fit. But even if they don't, I am not going back to the size I was. I want to live to be able to do the things I am called by God to do, and I need a healthy body to do that.

You know what the most wonderful thing is about all of this?  That I was loved unconditionally by my Father God when I weighed my heaviest weight. When I was my fattest, I was still loved by him. And I was still loved by some others too.  You may be one of them. 

I'm so thankful for the Lord's great patience with me. His mercy, his loving kindness is forever and ever.  Praise his holy name.

Father, please help me to stay my course, to make wise decisions about what I eat, and to take better care of my body, the temple of the Holy Spirit. Thank you, Lord.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment