Monday, September 27, 2010

Day 19 - Sunday - A wonderful day, but did I choose to eat wisely?

Today was a wonderful day.  The worship at church was wonderful. Two people wandered into the building after church was over. We offered them pastries and coffee, and made acquaintances. The lady reached to me for a hug.  During our talk, I saw tears brimming in her eyes. I said I noticed her tears. She told of her recent losses. The person with her (not related) had also had deaths in the past week. They had to leave, but she asked me for another hug.  I hugged and blessed her.  And invited her and the other person back.

Went to the hospital to see a neighbor recently diagnosed with acute leukemia. What a blessing to be in her presence. She has been in the hospital three weeks, is taking very strong chemo, yet she radiated with the love of Jesus. What a precious lady. What a privilege to visit her and pray with her.

Someone at church noticed I had lost weight.  I was told it showed in my neck and across my shoulders. I thought that was odd, but nice that someone noticed a change in size. Maybe what they noticed was now my neck is wrinkled. Maybe they were too nice or too embarrassed to say, "I see your backside is not the size of an air craft carrier anymore."  Probably would made a good destroyer.  ha!

Yes, the day was good. However, my eating choices were not so good.

For breakfast I had
1/2 banana,                                                                         55 calories
1 slice healthy nut bread,                                                    110 calories
2 slices roasted white turkey breast lunch meat                     60
water                                                                                      _____
Total                                                                                 225 calories

Went to church where coffee and pastries were displayed.
Ate 1/4 oatmeal cookie
1 small brownie
                                                                 Approx           100 calories


Lunch
McDonalds fish sandwich  I only ate
1/2 half of the bun. The sandwich was NOT
tasty. It was greasy and gave me indigestion. UGH!        420 calories
(I deducted 50 calories for not eating 1/2 of bun)
I did not know how many calories were in the fish

sandwich until I got home and researched it. If I had
known how high in calories and how bad in taste,
I would not have made that choice.
water

Supper
1 slice pizza   med size slice  
it was pretty tasteless so I added
hot pepper cheese and some parmesan
Probably a zillion calories, but I really don't know

6 oz lemon yogurt                                                         170 calories
1/2 banana                                                                      52 calories
unknown amounts of shelled peanuts

Total of everything but pizza and peanuts                       967 calories

Let's hope the pizza and peanuts did not
exceed 533 calories, but they probably did.

I only drank water except for one glass of diluted juice.
I had no vegetables, not even a pickle on a sandwich.
I had two servings of fruit plus the fruit juice.


I did not eat well today. My body deserves good food. It is hard to eat away from home on a limited budget. Fast food is pretty much nasty food.

Tomorrow is a new day. I will get back on track
then.
I hope I have maintained my weight.
Father, please forgive me for not eating well. Thank you for the joyful encounters I had at church and the hospital and with my neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment