Saturday, October 9, 2010

Friday - Day 30 Head 'em up; move 'em out. Rawhide!

Do you remember that song?  It was the theme song for a TV western back in the 60s or 70s. All I remember are the words, "Head 'em up; move 'em out. Rawhide!"  Maybe the name of the program was "Rawhide."  Funny that I can't remember the program but I remember that silly song.

If a Borden Collie could help round up and move out these papers, I would rent one. But sadly, papers don't move like cows. They can't be hearded. (Is there such a word as "hearded?") They have to be picked up and moved by me!  But I'm heading them up and moving them out. Got another trash can full today. I grabbed armloads of papers from the stack on my desk that is threatening to avalanche, took them to the dining room and sorted them on the table into categories so they can be filed.

As for herding the pounds, I am having a hard time rounding them up.  They are very elusive. Wednesday night I was up all night working. I ate all night for energy. I didn't even try to keep track of my calories. Yesterday morning I had gained four pounds! 

Yesterday I went on my potato diet.  Had 2 fried eggs and two small potatoes for breakfast. I seasoned the 'taters with garlic powder, paprika and just a little bit of olive oil.  I ate much less over all that day. This morning I was back down to 259. That seemed like a pretty good loss.

Today I continued with my potato routine. Except today I only ate one potato at breakfast. It really does make me feel satisfied and full.  I had a salad of romaine lettuce, a big fat grated carrot, green onions, topped with some grated cheddar cheese for supper. Again, I felt quite full. A few hours later I checked my blood sugar and it was 139.  A little high. I wonder if that potato causes the blood sugar to rise or if it was the sweetened yogurt I had between meals.

It will be interesting to see what my weight is in the morning. But then tomorrow afternoon the ladies at my church are having a fall fun day. We are going to be eating Rib Crib BBQ for lunch, will have bible study and other activities, then late afternoon have a dessert. That could be my Achilles heel.  H-E-L-PPPPPPP!

Lord, help me to only put into my mouth that which is good for me tomorrow, and every day.

1Co 10:31  Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment