Saturday, October 2, 2010

Day 25 - Saturday Decluttering body and home

I can't see that anything looks better in my office, but a large wastebasket is so full of paper and magazines that it is too heavy for me to lift. I'm going to have to take things out and put in smaller bags to get to the dumpster.  I have filled the shredder basket twice. There is another sack of Toastmaster magazines; and still another sack full of miscellaneous things I'm throwing away.

I was telling a close friend and neighbor about my project, that I had "gifts" I had bought and never given that I needed to declutter.  She wanted to see them. So I took two boxes (18.5 pounds) of stuff over for her to look at and got rid of more stuff there. She took what she wanted and insisted on giving me some money for them.  She still got a bargain, and I got rid of some of my clutter. There is still some left. Some of the gifts I think I will set aside for Christmas, but the rest must go! 

Inside one of the boxes of gift items I found two long sleeves of plastic cups and a purple plastic tablecloth. I can't remember what event those came from. Maybe my family reunion that I hosted in 2004.  ha ha.  I will put them in my cabinet where I can see them. Perhaps I should offer them to my ladies group at church. Or, I could use them at home and save washing glasses. Any suggestions?

More clutter is coming off my body.  I weighed 256.5 today.  But I was dehydrated.  I could tell by my skin.  So, maybe that is not a true weight loss, just water. 

Right now I'm hungry and don't know what to eat. I'm out of peanut butter and yogurt.  I think I'll scramble some eggs.

Tomorrow is Sunday - the day of the week when I have so often failed.  I hope tomorrow I am able to maintain my weight loss.

May you have a blessed Sunday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment